Ottawa – The Best From West to East
Ottawa is a vastly diverse cultural landscape with much to do and plenty to see. In this blog, we’ll highlight some of our favourite spots in each end of the city. Whether you’re looking for a place to settle down, or simply an afternoon adventure, you’re sure to find something to love in each and every corner of the national capital region. Ottawa is unique in that it spans quite far in either direction, these are just a few of the highlights, if any of these spark your interest, check out more on our community pages.
Although west Ottawa is most well-known for its suburban neighbourhoods like Kanata and Stittsville, it’s also home to a vibrant agricultural community and several quickly-expanding rural towns to explore. If you’re looking for a unique day trip or a quiet place to settle down, west Ottawa may be a great candidate.
If you’re looking to settle down, west Ottawa can provide you with a variety of job opportunities in a wide range of industries. It’s a safe place filled with schools, parks and nature trails to be discovered, making it an amazing choice for young families and retirees alike.
Enjoy a refreshing beverage at one of west Ottawa’s renowned breweries!
- Calabogie Brewing Co. (in Kanata)
- Ridge Rock Brewing Co. (in Carp)
- Kichesippi Beer Co. (in Bells Corners)
Enjoy an afternoon at one of west Ottawa’s many golf clubs!
- The Marshes Golf Club (in Kanata)
- Canadian Golf & Country Club (Between Carleton Place and Kanata)
- Loch March Golf & Country Club (Between Kanata and Carp)
- Irish Hills (Between Kanata and Carp)
Experience some of west Ottawa’s many attractions!
- Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum – Learn about our country’s history. (in Carp)
- KIN Vineyards – Enjoy tours and a wine-tasting experience. (in Carp)
- Canadian Tire Centre – Live shows, sports, events and more. (in Kanata)
East Ottawa has a strong French influence, allowing many French-Canadians and people from other French-speaking parts of the world to connect on a cultural level. Like west Ottawa, the east is also a vibrant hotspot for both small and larger-scale businesses, access to nature and thriving suburban communities.
Enjoy east Ottawa’s great outdoors!
- Petrie Island – A peaceful spot with a nice beach.
- Green’s Creek – A lovely outdoor spot. Features a great sledding hill during the winter!
- Mer Bleue Bog – A great spot for a nature walk in Ottawa’s protected green space.
See the sights!
- Cumberland Heritage Village – Explore some of the city’s history!
- Rideau Hall – Explore the well-kept grounds of the Governor General’s residence!
- Rockcliffe Park – Explore some of the most stunning real estate in the city.
Stop and have a bite to eat!
- Fritomania – Enjoy some of the city’s most well-renowned poutine.
- Stray Dog Brewing Co. – Stop for some food and refreshments at this popular brewery!
- Schnitzelworks – Try some of the best schnitzel in town. Open most days until 4PM.
Go out and explore!
Although these are some locations we’d highly recommend, there is much more for you to enjoy no matter where you find yourself. If you’re looking to know more about the vibrant communities that span the region, you can learn more by clicking here. If you’re looking to make the move and settle down in Ottawa, don’t hesitate to reach out!